Saturday, March 19, 2011

More Smelly Lessons

Wowie, zowie, I found the source of the smell I’ve been ignoring for a week. Another lesson from the joys of living in a 27 foot tin box. Neglecting to open the grey water tank in time made it back up into the tub. Since I don’t waste propane on silly things like hot water this time of year I store stuff in the tub I would otherwise be tripping over. Double whoops. Unfortunately discovered at close to two am on my way to bed when I pulled out a pile of newspapers that had slid into the tub finding the last one-the Sunday funnies, wah, sopping wet.
Fortunately I had finally pulled the grey water handle that day so instead of a tub of brackish water I found several ruined wet things and black gunk ring showing the level of water around the tub and coating the bottom. Ick. I think I got lucky with my fairly new shop vac. It was closest to the drain from which the nasty came but the vac is meant for water collection and thus has a plastic bottom. Since I managed to put it in there upright, not always the case with me, the motor seems dry and undamaged. Wish I could say the same about a few other things but while filling the garbage I will also be getting rid of more stuff and making more room.
Bleah. Really hope this is the last disgusting lesson this place has to teach me. Not as bad as the toilet backing up and over onto carpet and everywhere but still not something I want to discover on my way to bed at two in the morning. Ah the joys of the permanent camping experience. At least the smell is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment