Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Shitty Times

As I sit here on my ass day after day cruising the job boards and wondering how the hell I’m going to pay for food, propane and rent I’m disgusted by the political wrangling and the medias extollations that things are improving. Bullshit. I know more people out of work than employed right now. Didn’t used to be the case. Now I’m in the majority. This is ridiculous. Can’t even laugh as more and more cuts are made to everything while politicians tell us to spend spend spend. What!? What are we spending here? No job equals no money. Nothing to spend! Basic needs aren’t being met and we’re supposed to rush out and buy the new 3-D tv. Does it come with a box because that I can use. Of course the flat screens make for really small places to live. Since I’m selling or dumping everything I own I don’t need a very big place. In fact right now it measures 27 feet which is perfectly fine except for still being beyond my current means.
I’m aware politicians are more sales than smarts. Otherwise they wouldn’t be where they are. But to remain so incredibly clueless seems criminal. Some cases have been-Bell. I’m not talking about walking thru the slums in your 3 piece and polished shoes. Being aware of what most people are now suffering from would be a start. The paper tells me things must be improving because the number of people on unemployment has dropped. No, stupid! That means that people no longer get unemployment because we’ve hit our limit of what was allowed. The extra time given was nice during which I adjusted my life way down but nothing has changed since I started on unemployment. Seems worse actually. Companies are still laying off hundreds to thousands, companies are still going under, every job has a huge number of applicants, prices of food and gas are rising, and I’m still sitting here wondering what the hell I’m going to do as my phone doesn’t ring and the only email I get is spam.

No comments:

Post a Comment